This legal notice applies to the entire contents of the website under the domain name www.activec.canterburycomms.info.uk and to any correspondence between you and us and to any newsletters or publications downloaded by you or sent to you by us (the “Site”).
The Canterbury City Council whose address is Military Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 1YW (“CCC”) is responsible for the Site.
In consideration of CCC allowing you access to the Site you are deemed to accept our terms and conditions of use. Please read them carefully. If you do not accept these terms and conditions of use, do not use the Site.
Our terms and conditions of use may be changed. Please review them regularly. If you continue to use the Site after a change has been made to the terms and conditions of use you are deemed to have accepted it.
Use of the Site
You agree only to use the Site for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not disrupt, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Site or infringe anyone else’s rights. You may not harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person or transmit obscene or offensive content.
By submitting any contribution to the Site (including any text, photographs, graphics, video, or audio) you:
- Grant the Council a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive and worldwide licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, perform, play, communicate to the public, and exercise all other rights in your contribution and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any such rights, and in accordance with theÂ Privacy Statement;
- Accept that your contribution will be subject to pre-moderation and editing at the discretion of CCC;
- Warrant that your contribution:
- Is your own original work and that you have the right to submit it to CCC for all the purposes specified above;
- Is not defamatory;
- Is not contributed with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act; and
- Does not infringe any law;
- Warrant that you have obtained all permissions and consents necessary to allow the Council to exercise the rights granted above, and have otherwise complied with the Contributors’ Guidelines or equivalent published on the Site from time to time;
- Indemnify CCC against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of your breach of the above warranties;
- Waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site and the purposes specified above.
You also agree in relation to anything you may post on the Site:
- Contributions must be constructive and polite, and not contributed with disruptive intent.
- Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not permitted.
- You may not post any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, ‘junk mail’, ‘spam’, ‘chain letters’, ‘pyramid schemes’, or any other form of personal or commercial soliciting.
- You must not post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Contributions containing languages other than English will be removed.
- Impersonation is not allowed and material submitted under inappropriate or offensive names may be removed or modified.
- Links to other websites or URLs may be removed by the moderators.
- Not in any way act that might bring CCC into disrepute.
- You must be at least 18 years of age or be accessing the Site with the full consent of a parent or guardian.
Breaking the Site Rules
If you break any of these Site Rules, you may have your contributions removed from the Site.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to the Site or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the Site, and CCC consider such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, CCC may use whatever information that is available to them about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school, police or e-mail provider about the infringement/s.
CCC reserve the right to moderate or delete any contribution, at any time, for any reason.
Copyright of the Site and all its content remains the property of the Council, unless otherwise stated. You may not copy, download, transmit or communicate to the public content from the Site, unless expressly invited to do so on the Site.
The names, images and logos identifying CCC and/or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of the Council and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, patent, design right or copyright of the Operators, their subsidiaries, and/or any other third party.